By – Michelle Sawyer
At Holbrook realty, we want our clients that are selling their home to get the most money possible during this very large transaction. One way to generate excitement about your home, sell it more quickly and receive more money is to stage it for potential buyers.
Here are 5 great ways to set the stage for a successful selling experience!
- Hire a professional stager: this is the best and easiest way to beautifully stage your home. Professional stagers know just how to pique a buyers interest with fashion-forward furniture and decorative items, placed perfectly in the home. Hiring a pro can be expensive, but it’s well worth it! It costs less than a price reduction because buyers just aren’t that into it.
- Curb Appeal: You will want your home to be inviting to potential buyers as soon as they arrive for the showing. Make sure the exterior looks the best it possibly can. The lawn should be freshly mowed, and green. Windows should be shiny. Exterior walkways, siding, and other items can be power washed for a fresh, clean look. Plant flowers. Stage the front porch with outdoor furniture that is fun and enticing.
- Clean, clean, clean: This is the most inexpensive way to make sure your home is ready for a successful sale. Check the corners for cobwebs, clean grout, and tile, and make sure to get all the dust cleared away. Getting the house squeaky clean can be a lot of work, but it is so important.
- Depersonalize: Put away family photos and any unusual items of décor. Everyone has their own unique style, and just because you love it doesn’t mean everyone will. The home should be a clean slate where anyone could see themselves living.
- Showcase the home’s potential: Set the home up to show it’s potential. Some people have a hard time seeing what could be. If you have a breakfast nook, make sure that it is set up to show that you could eat breakfast there. If you have a small area that is off by itself set it up as a reading nook. Unusually large master bedroom? Set up a seating area to get people thinking outside the box.
Michelle Sawyer has over 15 years of sales and marketing experience that have served her well in her real estate career. She loves working with Holbrook Realty and is excited to offer her clients the benefits of the Preferred Client Program.